Being a member of Salem Baptist includes four commitments:
- I commit myself to live under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- I commit myself to grow spiritually through Bible study, prayer, and worship with other Christians.
- I commit myself to be a witness for Jesus Christ to others.
- I commit myself to give financially in support of the Church’s ministry of the Gospel to the community and the world.
How to Join, Affirming Your Faith:
- Profession of New Found Faith and Request for Baptism: “I want to give my life to Christ, accepting His death on the Cross and His Resurrection as true. I believe trusting in Him is the only means by which I can be saved and forgiven of my sins. I want to learn what it means to be a Christian.”
- Prior Profession of Faith and Request for Baptism: I gave my life to Christ at an earlier time. However, I have not followed the Lord in baptism by immersion as a symbol of my conscious commitment to Christ. I want to be baptized by this Church and serve Christ through its ministries.”
- Transfer of Membership from Another Baptist Church: “I gave my life to Christ at an earlier time through the ministry of another Baptist Church. I want to transfer my membership to Salem and serve Christ through its ministries.”
- Statement of Faith and Previous Baptism: “I gave my life to Christ at an earlier time and was baptized by immersion through the ministry of a Church affiliated with another denomination. I want to serve Christ through the ministries of Salem.”
The invitation time at any worship service is your opportunity to affirm your faith in Jesus Christ by walking to the front and making your decision known to the Pastor and the Church.