Responsibilities and Expectations of the Youth Director
This is a part time time salaried position requiring 20 hours a week.
I. Youth Ministry - Oversight and leadership concerning 6th-12th grade students
Organize and lead adult volunteers including youth Sunday morning small group leaders that will help to facilitate bible study.
Enlist and equip parents and other who will serve and invest in the lives of students.
Analyze the needs of high school, and middle school
Prepare a lesson and activity for any midweek evening meeting.
Plan 4 large events - (2 in semester events/retreats, 1 summer camp and 1 summer mission trip)
Offer other scheduled activities that promote fellowship and community outreach in Jesus’ name that reach a multicultural church and community.
II. General Expectations
- Maintain regular private and family bible reading and quiet time
- Cultivate a healthy marriage and family
- Regularly support SBC church financially
- Manage personal finances appropriately and responsibly
- Participate in evangelism and mission opportunities
- Regularly attend church services and functions at & for SBC.
III. General Information
- This position takes direction from and reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Annual review of job performance by Senior Pastor..
- Be loyal to all staff, and be a true team player.
- Office hours each week to meet with staff to review events and plan for upcoming events/services.
- Make visits/contacts to those under your pastoral care as needed. General membership care is the responsibility of the deacons.
- The compensation package will be established by the Personnel Committee.
Qualifications, Experience, Attributes, and Education Requirements
- Be a baptized, committed, and a growing follower of Jesus Christ whose life bears testimony of divine calling and gifts of ministry.
- Demonstrated gifts of leadership, administration, and creative communication.
- Spirit-filled and passionate about the Gospel, the ministry, and the church
- Empathetic and encouraging skills in spiritual, Biblically based counseling.
- Strategic and future-oriented mindset.
- Education in Biblically relevant studies or relevant experience that confirms ministerial excellence.
- 2+ years of ministry related experience preferred.
- Competency in basic computer and technology skills, including but not limited to: word processing, PowerPoint, email, texting, and social media.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: